This year at Plain Audacious we’ve brought you hundreds of weird and wonderful news stories that you probably didn’t need to know about. In this post we’ll be looking back at some of the best stories from 2013.
1. Kanye West Walked Into A Road Sign
2. This Guy Re-Made Wrecking Ball… Chatroulette Style
3. Sony Ran This Fantastic Playstation 4 Ad On Page 3 Of The Sun
4. This Guy Paid £450 For A Picture Of An Xbox One
Then he got given a real one for free Read More.
5. F1 Supremo Bernie Ecclestone Was Defeated By A Revolving Door
6. Fox News Unveiled Their Bizarre New Studio
American news network Fox News revealed their bizarre new studio complete with oversized tablets and Minority Report style tech. You’d be forgiven for thinking that the new Fox ‘News Deck’ was from some kind of comedy sketch or an April fools joke, but check out the video below where Shepard Smith introduces the network’s new take on news gathering, where reporters work on 55 inch Windows touchscreens and interact with a 38 foot long video wall.
7. Taking Selfies At Funerals Became A Thing
…and to answer your question, yes you are going to hell.
You can read more about Selfies At Funerals at The Huffington Post.
You can also visit the Selfies At Funerals Tumblr page.
8. This Sign Language Interpreter Had A Bad Day At Mandela’s Memorial
After being accused of making childish hand gestures and clapping he claimed that he had a schizophrenic episode and was ‘seeing angels’.
9. Jay-Z Got Accused Of Time Travelling
An image surfaced of US rapper-turned-time-lord Jay-Z in 1933, nearly forty years before Mr Carter claims to have been born. The photo appeared at The Schomburg Center in New York and was taken by Sid Grossman. We’re pretty sure it’s not him, but we’ll leave you to decide.
10. This Teenager Went For A Night Out In Manchester, Then Woke Up In Paris
In this incredible story Oldham’s Luke Harding managed to drunkenly book and board a flight to Paris after a night out in Manchester. Read More.
11. Nottingham Trent Students’ Union Published This Super Awkward Video
12. Britain’s Horniest Student Was Crowned
Exeter University Student Elina Desaine was crowed Britain’s horniest student by dating site Shag At Uni. The 20-year-old who beds 2/3 guys a week won £500, a year’s supply of condoms, a mobile phone and some alcohol. Read More.
13. Huey Morgan Had A Bad Day On Never Mind The Buzzcocks
14. The Internet Reacted To Storm St Jude
BuzzFeed covered the storm with a list of middle class responses.
Too many people shared and retweeted this photo:
BuzzFeed also compiled a list of the best internet reactions.
Meanwhile The Guardian reported on a giant beach ball on the loose in London.
15. Bieber Took On The Paparazzi
16. BBC Radio 1 Interviewed Kanye
Kanye West had an incredible in-depth interview with BBC Radio 1 DJ Zane Lowe. Highlights of the must watch interview include Kanye yelling Versace, and comparing himself to the glitch in Wreck it Ralph. You can see all four parts of the interview below.
17. This Brilliant Parody Of Kimye’s Bound 2 Hit The Net
18. Miguel Failed Horribly And Drop Kicked A Fan
19. We’ve Got No Idea What Watsky Was Thinking With This Dive
20. Tommy Robinson Quit The EDL… It Was Too Extreme For Him
Yes it may be hard to believe but Tommy Robinson left the English Defence League, the group famous for inciting hate and organising protests at short notice on Tuesday afternoons had become too difficult to control and Tommy admitted that EDL protests were ‘no longer productive’.
21. This Woman Also Quit Her Job
Tommy wasn’t the only person to quit in 2013…
Even better, her employer responded with their own Kanye West themed, no-singing, all-dancing video.
22. This Guy Won Though, He Resigned Via Cake
More at: www.mrcake.co.uk
23. This Guy Thought He Was In GTA
Stick with this one, it ends hilariously.
24. This Woman Had An Absolute Nightmare Parking Her Car
25. Lanarkshire Police Hired A Van For A Drugs Raid, Then Returned It Full Of Cannabis
In this incredible story, police in Lanarkshire hired a van to be used by plain clothes polices officers in a drugs bust. After the raid Mitchell’s Self Drive worker John McKinnon went to collect the vehicle oblivious to the fact that the police had forgotten to empty the van’s contents.
John said to the Daily Record ‘They gave me the keys in a sealed blue bag, walked me out to the van, opened the gates and away I went.’
‘There was a strong smell of cannabis in the cabin but it was only when I got back to the office and opened up the back that I realised what was in it’.
‘There were bin bags full of cannabis. There was no mistaking what it was. I went running into the office and we phoned the police.’
‘Straight away, they said someone was going to get their balls kicked. But it still took them an hour-and-a-half to come back out to collect it’.
‘When they turned up, they were asking me how it had happened. They were dumbfounded. But there was no word of an apology or even a thank you for letting them know’.
‘I’m angry that they allowed me to drive it away like that’.
More at The Daily Record.
26. Jay Leno’s Gaspump Prank Found This Gem Of A Couple
Turns out that there may have been some funny business involved though, read more.
27. Thatcher Died… One Direction’s Fans Got Confused
Baroness Thatcher passed away this year. One Direction member Harry Styles tweeted this:
Which was followed by these amazing responses from the directioners:
28. This BBC News Presenter Mistook Copier Paper For His iPad And Styled It Out Beautifully
29. This Situation Escalated Quickly
30. And Finally Sky News Found Out Something Unexpected About The Royal Baby